When selling a home, every homeowner has the same goal – get the best deal with the least amount of hassle. Following these tips will help you get more interest and ultimately get you the best price.
- Make Your Home Attractive to Buyers. The goal is to attract the most potential buyers. Show a buyer that not only does your house look good but show them how to use the space wisely. Consider improving the aesthetics of your home to make it appealing to all potential buyers. Consider updates that will bring you top dollar such as getting a fresh, new coat of paint on the walls. Clean the curtains or purchase some inexpensive new ones. Use paint colors and neutral decor to appeal to the widest audience and complement the home. Update fixtures and hardware and repair leaky faucets, etc. Quick fixes before selling always pay off whereas larger updates such as kitchen and bathroom remodels may not pay off for you.
- Declutter Your Home. Buyers want to picture themselves in a home. Remove furniture to make a room seem larger and put away personal photographs and decor. Pack up items that may clutter counter tops and pack up any items that you haven’t used in over a year. Also, declutter entry ways. This is the first room a buyer will see when entering a home. Make your entry way welcoming – you could add fresh cut flowers or possibly include flyers about the home. Consult the Expert Real Estate Team to help you with other staging suggestions.
- Ensure Your Home Has Curb Appeal. The first thing a buyer will see is the exterior of your home and how it fits into the neighboring homes. A first impression is just that and unfortunately, you never have a second chance to make a first impression. It’s so important to make people feel warm, welcome and safe as they approach your house. This can be done by sprucing up your home’s exterior with inexpensive shrubs and brightly colored flowers as well as making sure the lawn and bushes are well manicured. You can typically get a 100-percent return on the money you invest into your home’s curb appeal.
- Make Your Home Move In Ready. Buyers will likely “try out” your home before making an offer. Make sure that all of the doors, appliances, electrical, and plumbing fixtures in in working order. The idea is to appeal to the most buyers by making your home move in ready and not have a potential buyer get too fixated on all of the things they’ll have to repair or replace when moving into your home.
- Show Off Your Space. By this we mean to show off the amount of storage your home has to offer. Take items out of closets that you don’t currently use and keep all of the closets and cabinets tidy because a buyer will check them out.
- Let Light In. Buyers want to see that the home gets good natural light. Take down dark drapery, clean your windows, and turn lights on in each room to maximize the light in your home. Do what you have to do to make your house bright and cheery as it will help you sell your home more quickly.
Finally, having the right real estate agent will help you price your home correctly and help you stage your home to reach the most potential buyers.
Contact our Expert Real Estate Team today to find out what it will take to sell your home quickly. Call us at (864) 895-9791.