Considering Selling Your Home during the Holidays? It could be the best time of the year!
The Holiday season is generally known as the worst time to sell a home. While sales do tend to drop off between November and January, there are actually some good reasons to sell your home during these months. Here are 9 reasons why you should consider listing your home during the Holidays.
- People who look for a home during the Holidays are more serious buyers. Buyers may need to move quickly if they are relocating to the area.
- Serious buyers have fewer houses to choose from during the Holidays and less competition means more money for you. Lots of sellers take their homes off the market during the Holidays, assuming no one will be buying at this time. But with serious buyers still out there and a lower inventory of homes, your home has a good chance of standing out.
- If you wait until January, more homes go on the market meaning you’ll have to compete with more homes (which means less money for you).
- Your home is already staged and decorated. Homes often look their best during the Holidays, but sellers should be careful not to overdo it on the decor and distract potential buyers. Also, avoid offending buyers by opting for general fall and winter decorations rather than items with religious themes.
- Buyers may have more time off to look for a home during the Holidays than they do during a working week. Also, some buyers purposely wait until their families are together for Holiday vacations to start looking for a home.
- Some people must buy before the end of the year for tax reasons.
- January is traditionally the month for employees to begin new jobs. Those relocating to the area may not be able to wait until Spring to buy, so it may be a good idea to list your home during the Holidays to capture that market.
- Don’t delay listing your home because you know you’ll have guests in your home during the Holidays. We can work with you to restrict showings on particular days to ensure you’re comfortable with showing your home during this time.
- By selling now, you may have an opportunity to be a non-contingent buyer during the Spring, when many more houses are on the market for less money! This will allow you to sell high and buy low!
The Holidays are stressful enough without having to think about staging and selling your home, so if you’re not truly motivated to sell, it’s probably best to wait a few months. But if you absolutely have to sell, don’t be discouraged. An experienced agent with the Expert Real Estate Team can take the burden off of your shoulders, giving you more time to enjoy the season with your family. Give us a call today at (864) 895-9791.