Fall in the south is one of the most beautiful times of the year. There isn't a shortage of fun things to do! We've created a list of the things you should definitely do (at least once) and the things you might can skip.
Fun for all ages
- Niven's Apple Farm - This is a MUST for this fall season because it is the last season this iconic farm will be open! You can pick your own apples, visit the pumpkin patch, even pan for gems in the Upstate's largest outdoor gem mine! Take part in all of their fall festivities before it's too late!
- Denver Downs Corn Maze - The historic farm hosts a corn maze every October, along with other fun farm activities. They have a variety of corn maze activity options and a giant pumpkin patch, so don't be surprised when you lose the track of time.
- Strawberry Hill USA - If you've ever driven down Highway 11 towards Chesnee, you've probably noticed strawberry hill. J.E. Cooley Farms is a local landmark and people flock there to see the picturesque view. After a yummy meal in their café, head out to the peach shed for fresh produce, hayrides, pumpkin picking and a visit from their famous Mr. Troll.
- Boo in the Zoo : Greenville Zoo - Ideal for anyone who loves animals and Halloween! Kids 12 and under can dress up and have fun trick-or-treating alongside their favorite animals and join in the fun in the "unhaunted house".
Good for a Date Night
- Fall for Greenville - While it might not be a typical "date night" atmosphere, you will definitely feel like kids again as you wander through beautiful Downtown Greenville, stopping to try food from numerous restaurants and finding room to dance along to any one of the live concerts.
- Oktoberfest - This German event is held in most Upstate cities. Whether or not there is free entertainment doesn't matter. The focal point of this festival is the delicious German food and beverages!
- Piedmont Interstate Fair - Yes, the fair is an IDEAL family outing, but just think of how much fun you and your honey will have snuggled up close on the ferris wheel sharing a funnel cake.
You can't forget...
- Friday Night Lights and College Gameday - Football in the south; it's not just a game, it's a lifestyle! Support your local team, whether it's high school or college, and tailgate at the next home game.
- Hiking - Whether you make the drive to Table Rock, Chimney Rock, Pisgah National Forest, or Big Bradley, put those hiking boots on and enjoy nature! With the hot summer sun slowly drifting to sleep, it is the perfect weather to get outside and stretch your legs before winter shuts you in!
- Fall Foliage - It wouldn't be fall without the rich colors of the changing leaves. Take a Sunday afternoon drive up the mountains to see the amazing views of this place we call home.
- Haunted Houses - For some, getting scared is a blast but for others, it is a panic inducing thought. If your group is all part of the "we scare because we care" club, by all means, hit every haunted house you can! But if you aren't a fan, save your money and attend any of the free events held in your town.
Fall is the perfect time for wild cats and gentle souls alike, so whether you're picking pumpkins or scaring your friends, have fun and be safe!
Tell us about your favorite fall activity!!